Jesus invites you to a joy-filled and abundant life that is guided by what you treasure in your heart. He said that "where we find our treasure we will also find our hearts." It is good to review the following questions every so often, especially in light of how many advertisements we are exposed to each day.
The following questions are not to be used legalistically, but as a guideline of love to simplify your life and to help you take control of the money you have been given.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Do I really need this?
- Will it bring me joy (and not merely temporary happiness)?
- How much of the money I would spend on this item can I free up to invest in others?
- How much money do I need in savings and why?
- How much money should I give away and why?
- How many of my possessions are weighing me down with care and upkeep?
- How can I simplify my life to be more present to God, friends, family, and those in need?