We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. ~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Today's Scripture: Acts 8:26-31
- What does home mean to me? Is home a physical place, a feeling within, a person and/or persons in my life? What are my fondest memories of home?
- What would my ideal home be? As I think about home, what are the things that would be most important to make up a home? I may have lived in a lot of houses, but where is it that I feel most at home?
- Has there ever been a moment or a season in my life when, perhaps in retrospect, I could see...touch...feel...sense...the presence of God guiding me in my life?
- Who have been my most important companion guides? How has his/her/their accompanying presence made a difference in my life? Pause to offer your gratitude to God for the gift they have been to you.
- For whom have I been a companion guide? How have I made a difference for him/her/them? How has my life been transformed through this experience?Pause to offer your gratitude to God for using you as a vessel of Christ's love and companionship, offering healing and hope in the sacred ordinariness of their lives and of yours.
Daily Scripture Reading
Sunday - Acts 8:26-31
Monday - Matthew 22:37-40
Tuesday - Isaiah 43:1
Wednesday - Isaiah 43:2-3a, 4a
Thursday - Psalm 139:1-5
Friday - Psalm 139:13-15
Saturday - Matthew 6:21
Speaker: Candee Martin, with Dave Norman